Home Newsletters Calendar Photos Videos Grading Forms About the Club History Events in NMZ NMZ PCAV  

Nunawading and District Horse and Pony Club Inc.


Contact Us
Site Map


Grading Request System 

A grading request form must be completed and submitted to the Club DC by the rider prior to a Rally in which the rider wants to be graded or regraded.New horse and rider combination gradings must be done at a Rally. If a rider requires a regrading of a combination under special circumstances this may be done between rallies by prior arrangement only. The grading will be conducted according to the grading guideline set out by Pony Club Victoria. If a horse and rider combination wishes to use competition results as proof of ability to be upgraded, proof of successful completion of all phases in the event must be provided. The event must be equivalent to the new grade the rider wishes the combination to be graded at. If a rider wishes they can be assessed for a new grading at a given rally and postpone their date of grading to a later time if required. This may be helpful if a rider knows they have events coming up they have already entered and/or cannot make it to subsequent rallies to be graded. The grading card is the riders responsibility.

The Process 
1. Once a grading request form has been submitted every effort will be made to assess the rider and horse combination at the upcoming rally day.
2. The rider must bring a printed copy of their grading request form.
3. The rider must talk to their instructor and make sure they have their grading request form in their lessons at rally.
4. After being assessed the instructor will sign the grading request form to approve the rider combination have met the grading requirements.
5. The grading request form must then be signed by the DC and either the Club President or the Club Chief Instructor before re/grading is approved.
6. The rider must then bring their grading card to the club DC with their grading request form (at an appropriate time) where the rider will be present for the changing of grading in their grading card.